Environmental Learning Center (ELC) Attendant
- Department: Mahaska County Conservation Board
- Status: Part Time
- FLSA: Exempt
- Reports To: Conservation Director
- Post Date: March 6, 2023
- Application Deadline: March 27, 2023
Position Description Summary:
The ELC Attendant is a part-time non-exempt, at will employee of the Mahaska County Conservation Board. The ELC Attendant carries out assigned routine duties relating to ELC operation, public information, and general duties under the supervision of the Executive Director. The ELC Attendant assists the Director and staff by completing special tasks and projects as assigned.
- Greet the public,
- Assist with and/or maintain daily activities at the Environmental Learning Center,
- Performs general tasks such as cleaning, restocking supplies, etc. upon request,
- Assists other conservation board staff with special projects and programs.
Required Knowledge, Experience, Abilities, Skills:
- Have a general knowledge of conservation techniques and principles; or have the desire and attitude to both learn and apply conservation techniques where applicable,
- Uses independent judgment to solve problems,
- Ability to interact with the public, co-workers, supervisors, and public officials in a friendly and courteous manner,
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills,
- Knowledge and background in conservation preferred,
- Performs other related duties as assigned,
- Ability to push, pull, and lift 50 lbs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent is required. Working knowledge of office machines and computer data entry. Ability to work with the public under and in all situations and maintain professionalism. Ability to work independently, and as a team. Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
Required Special Certification Requirements:
- Must have a valid Iowa driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Must have or be able to acquire within one (1) year of hire the following:
- CPR, First Aid, AED certification
- Ability to successfully complete all pre-employment requirements such as a criminal background check and pre-employment physical including drug screening.
Mahaska County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective employees and position incumbents to discuss accommodations with Employer
Hours of Work:
- Generally, 20 hours per week during a seven (7) day period. May be required to work additional hours on weekends or during the week.
Applications & Related Files
Salary and benefits: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour(depending on experience).
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, application, and resume with 3 references to:
Chris Clingan, Director
Mahaska County Conservation Board
2342 - Hwy 92
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Mahaska County is an Equal opportunity employer.