Cheryl Eklofe, 911 Director
Mahaska County Law Center
214 High Avenue East
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
911 Communications is a division of the Mahaska County Emergency Management Agency.
Established in 1990, the Mahaska County 911 Center is the main dispatch center for fire, law enforcement and ambulance services in Mahaska County. A staff of 10 work the various shifts to staff the Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They dispatch and process approximately 22,000 calls annually. In addition, staff answers approximately 200,000 phone calls yearly that do not require a dispatched response. Approximately 3,700 people annually come to the Center to make their request for help in person.
For more information, visit Mahaska Ready's website. There, business owners can also update their information.
The following phone numbers are for non-emergency requests:
- Dispatch Center: (641) 672-2557, (641) 673-8403
If you live in Mahaska County and the call to the dispatch county is long distance, you can call (888) 673-0347 at no cost to you.
For administrative requests, use these office phone numbers:
- Mahaska County Sheriff - Office Staff - Civil Division - Records: (641) 673-4322
- Mahaska County Jail: (641) 673-2591
- Oskaloosa Police Chief: (641) 672-2559
- Oskaloosa Police Detectives-Records-Crime Prevention: (641) 673-3201
- Dispatch Center Administration: (641) 673-0347
To report any drug-related activity and remain anonymous, call the Drug Activity Tip Line at 673-8404.